“Double Layer” is a delicately balanced system of feedback sounds, wind and kinetic energy. The airflow from six fans is used to rotate six speakers. Half of the speakers are used as microphones to pick up the fan’s air stream, the remaining speakers to play it back. By and by the sounds evolve through layers of feedback, wind noise and the natural resonance of the space. “Double Layer” functions as an investigation of cause and effect in a self-contained coupling, where
an input produces an output that comes to influence the input once again. What we hear is a fragile structure perpetually on the brink of collapse. This is a special type of network or interaction – an interplay between sound, space and movement.
- Notes on tomorrow | Kristiansand/NOR | 26.9. – 7.11. 2016
- Notes on tomorrow | Kaunas/LT | 7.6. – 15.9 2016
- III Moscow International Biennale for Young Art | Moscow/RU | 10.7. – 19.8.2012
- Schools of Art, HFBK, Dresden, 20.05 – 19.06 2011
- Projekt_Love | Vienna/AT | 18.11 – 09.12 2011