“Resonate in Response to” is a rethinking of space – in particular the acoustic properties of art spaces that form the basis for this sound installation. The acoustics of these rooms are analysed and evaluated to determine their predominant frequencies.
Additionally, the artist group FAXEN has produced a sound archive consisting of custom-made vinyl records (dubplates) that cover the frequency range of the human ear in the form of pure tone loops. A setup of three turntables and three site-specifically located speakers emphasises the acoustic ambiance of the spaces in an analogue way.
Based on the predominant frequencies and a selection of corresponding dubplates “Resonate in Response to” creates a composition that continuously generates subtle interferences between the natural soundscape and the replayed tones.
- Manifesta8, Eventos Paralelos | Sala de exposiciones Muralla Bizantina, Cartagena/ES | 12.11.2010 – 6.1.2011
- Antischall | Interventionsraum, Stuttgart/DE | 24. – 27.2.2011
- Keep An Ear On | EX3, Firenze/IT | 20. – 22.5.2011
- Resonate In Response To | Prima Kunst Container, Kiel/DE | 9.7. – 4.9.2011
- Resonate In Response To | bb15, Linz/AT | 18. – 22.10.2011