„Resonate in Response to“ is a rethinking of space - especially of acoustic characteristics and qualities of rooms, which provide the fundament for the sound-installation. After recording the sound of selected places, the collected audio samples are analysed and evaluated. The parameters gained through this process build the basic structure for a composition that continuously generates subtle interferences between the natural soundscape and the replayed tones.
For the playback of the selected tones a sound-archiv consisting of specially produced vinyl records (dub-plates) that cover a wide frequency range of sinus tones is used. In combination with three turntables and three sight specifically located speakers, it’s possible to reconstruct the natural ambient sound in an analogue way.
record-players, speaker, vinyl-records including custom made sinus loops
- Manifesta8 Eventos Paralelos, Cartagena/Spain, Sala de exposiciones Muralla Bizantina 12.11.2010 - 06.01.2011
- Interventionsraum, Stuttgart/Germany, 24.02 - 27.02.2011
- Keep An Ear On Festival, Centro Per L’Arte Contemporanea, Florence/Italy, 19.05 - 22.05.2011
- Prima Kunst Container, Kiel, 09.07. - 04.09.2011
- bb15, Linz/Austria, 18.10. - 22.10.2011